About solar energy systems
1. How does a solar system work?
A solar energy system consists of solar panels, inverter and electrical wiring. Solar panels made up of photo-voltaic (PV) cells convert sunlight into direct current (DC) electricity. Inverters convert the DC electricity into the alternating current (AC) electricity.
2. Do solar panels work in cloudy weather?
During cloud cover, diffused radiation falls on your solar modules producing electricity lesser than the daily expected generation.
3. If I am putting up a 100KWp solar system how much power will it produce across the day?
A 100 Kw system will produce a bell-shaped power curve across the span of the day. The shape and area under the curve of this curve strictly depends on location and local weather conditions.
4. What sort of maintenance is involved once I have installed a solar PV system?
Cleaning of solar PV modules is required for maintenance. The schedule on which cleaning is done is shared by the technical team and differs from site to site.
5. How much space do I require my solar system?
Space requirements range from 110 to 150 sq feet per kW of solar PV installed depending whether it’s a rooftop or ground mounted and the tilt angle of the solar PV modules.
6. What if I am producing more energy than I need?
The surplus electricity would either be sold back to the grid and accounted for using the net metering policy. It can also be stored in the form of batteries and used later by the same load center.
7. Will my roof be able to bear the load of the solar PV system?
A thorough structural analysis is done by our team. It determines if your roof’s load bearing capacity is sufficient to take the load of the solar PV modules. Concrete roofs have no problems at all in handling the distributed load nature of solar PV module.
8. How long will a solar energy system last?
Our systems are designed to have a useful life of 25 years or more.
1. What are pitfalls to avoid when buying a solar PV system?
- Incorrect design principles.
- Inferior quality products used.
- Incorrect installation practices.
- Non-conformance on safety issues.
2. Are solar systems able to run all type of loads in different industries?
Grid-connected inverters can provide usable power to all type of residential, commercial and industrial loads.
3. How do solar systems operate with the Grid or a Diesel generator?
Smart grid-connecting inverters are designed to sense operating voltage from either the grid or the generator. The solar output power from the inverters is such that it is used as a priority before the grid or generator power is used.
4. What is the point of origin of products? Are you a dealer of a certain product?
We source equipment from various countries. Some of these countries include Germany, United States, China and Pakistan. All products used are IEC Certified.
5. How can I check if the components offered to me are off the best quality?
There are different quality levels of solar PV modules available in the market (e.g. Tier 1, Tier 2) or Grade (A, B, C). Specialized inspection tools are needed to identify poor quality solar PV modules that are available at much cheaper rates.
Savings and affordability
1. How much does solar energy cost?
We can provide the best information on what it will cost to go solar based on your rooftop and load factor.
2. What is the benefit and environmental impact of solar energy?
- Cheaper and affordable electricity.
- Reduced on facility line losses.
- No operation or maintenance cost apart from cleaning of solar PV modules.
3. How does net-metering work?
Net-Metering concept is a process that allows customers to produce their own solar power and share their surplus electricity with the national grid. The monthly bill is then netted off in proportional to the amount of energy sold to the distribution company.